Last updated on January 30th, 2017 at 05:30 pm
The pounds are slowly creeping up. This is difficult for me to believe since I live an active life, however, as you age, your metabolism slows down (but my eating hasn’t slowed down at all). Starting today, I’m committing to reverse this cycle. I’m kick starting this with “The 21 Day Fix” from Beachbody.
Transform your life with Beachbody Fitness programs including: P90X, PiYo, 21 Day Fix, and many more from Beachbody.
This post has some affiliate links which means I may get a small commission when you click on the links and buy something, at no extra cost to you.
I’ve used Beachbody before. Three and a half years ago, when I wanted to lose the last 10 pounds post pregnancy, I did p90X3 (and yes, it worked). I decided to try the 21 Day Fix this time because I love the idea of the portion control containers. I eat far too many carbs and not enough protein. This is something I struggle with!
The 21 Day Fix program comes with 7 portion containers and 1 Shakeology shaker cup. The portion control containers are as follows:
- 1 green container for veggies
- 1 purple container for fruit
- 1 red container for proteins
- 1 yellow container for carbs
- 1 small blue container for healthy fats
- 2 small orange containers for seeds & dressings
Based on my calories target range, I fall under the Plan A, which is the calorie target range of 1200 -1499 . This allows me the following:
- 3 green containers of veggies/day
- 2 purple fruit containers/day
- 4 red proteins containers/day
- 2 carbs containers/day
- 1 healthy fat container/day
- 1 seeds & dressings/day
- 2 tablespoons of oils & nut butter/day
I love the idea that this isn’t a diet. It’s a lifestyle change that teaches you proper food portions, and at first glance, the plan looks like it allows you a well-balanced diet.
My first impressions upon seeing the containers however was “Wow, they are so small”. I expected them to be quite a bit bigger. I think that since I’m only allotted 2 yellow containers (carbs) will be the most difficult part of this program. And, eating 4 portions of meat might be a stretch as well. I’m excited to see that I’m still allowed some cheese, and a very limited amount of bread (see 2 carb containers/day)
I don’t think it’s realistic for me to lose 15 lbs in 21 days with my current body weight, nor is it my goal. I’d be happy to lose 5 lbs to 10 lbs over the next several months.
So, for the next 3 Mondays, I’ll give you an update on how I’m doing with the 21 Day fix as well as my honest thoughts on the program. Curious?… stay tuned.
#MotivateMe Monday Link Up
Please join Janice and myself for our link-up if you want to share your fitness or nutrition plans and stay motivated too!Link up with @salads4lunch & @runmommyrunca #MotivateMe Monday if you need some motivation! Click To Tweet
Planning my workouts this week is super easy since I’m following the workout videos from 21 Day fix. I’m scheduled for the following:
Sunday: Total Body Cardio Fix & 5 km run
Monday: Upper Fix
Tuesday: Lower Fix
Wednesday: Flat Ab Fix
Thursday: Cardio Fix
Saturday: 7 Yoga Fix
PLEASE JOIN THE #MOTIVATEME LINK UP!
THE RULES ARE VERY SIMPLE:
- Every Monday share your fitness, nutrition plan etc by linking them up. All you will need is your post’s URL, and a photo you would like to attach.
- Posts that aren’t related will be deleted.
- In your post, we would love it if you mentioned that you’re participating in #MotivateMe Monday link up, and link back to the hosts Salads4Lunch and Run Mommy Run.
- Read what the other linkers are sharing, Visit at least 2 other bloggers’ posts and share some support by commenting and engaging with each other. The more you support, the more support you will get back.