With my half marathon under my belt, this week I officially started my Iron Girl (triathlon sprint) training. I’m going to increase my biking and swimming because those are the two disciplines I’m the weakest at. With the local indoor pool being closed for repairs for the next two weeks, and the outdoor pools not open till July, I’m going to have to rely on open water swims.
With only 8 weeks to go, Julie and I will start journaling our experience with our Iron Girl Training in weekly posts every Wednesday. Check back this Wednesday to read our thoughts on our first brick training session. Until then, I’m sharing my weekly workout plan in #Motivate Me Monday!
#MotivateMe Monday Link Up
I invite you to join Janice and myself for our link-up if you want to share your fitness or nutrition plans and stay motivated too!Link up with @fitcheerldr & @runmommyrunca #MotivateMe Monday if you need some motivation! Click To Tweet
Here is what I did last week:
Monday: half marathon recovery
Tuesday: Lunchtime walk (active recovery)
Wednesday: Total Body Workout
Thursday:10 km bike ride at lunch
Sunday: First Brick Workout: 5 km bike/3 km run
This week I’m hoping to do the following:
Monday: open water swim
Tuesday: 30 min run
Wednesday: 1000 m swim??? or weight training
Thursday: 10 km bike
Sunday: Brick Workout: 10 km bike/5 km run
Join the conversation:
- Do you have any tips for Julie and I as first timers?
- What’s your fitness plan this week?
PLEASE JOIN THE #MOTIVATEME LINK UP!
THE RULES ARE VERY SIMPLE:
- Every Monday share your fitness, nutrition plan etc by linking them up. All you will need is your post’s URL, and a photo you would like to attach.
- Posts that aren’t related will be deleted.
- In your post, we would love it if you mentioned that you’re participating in #MotivateMe Monday link up, and link back to the hosts Fitness Cheerleader and Run Mommy Run.
- Read what the other linkers are sharing, Visit at least 2 other bloggers’ posts and share some support by commenting and engaging with each other. The more you support, the more support you will get back.