You’ve heard the expression “There’s an app for that!” Well, now there is an app that rewards you for taking steps! It’s called Carrot Rewards
I took a little unplanned blogging vacation last week since I was tired and recovering for a trip I took up north to visit family. Now I’m back this week with a new blog post about an app that I came across. I thought Carrot Rewards was a fun and motivating app that my Canadian readers would definitely benefit from.
I’ve recently discovered Carrot Rewards. Developed in partnership with Public Health Agency of Canada, British Columbia, Newfoundland Labrador, BC Healthy Living alliance, Diabetes Canada, YMCA and the Heart & Stroke, this app literally rewards you for doing something you do regularly, taking steps.
Here is how Carrot Rewards works:
- Download the Google Play or iPhone app on your phone.
- Connect the app with your FitBit, Apple Watch, Apple HealthKit or Google Fit. Steps are tracked through your phone using those devices to measure how much you walk, move or run every day. If you are using your phone to track steps, you’ll have to make sure to carry it with you on your walks or run for your steps to count. Unfortunately at this time Apple watches and FitBits are the only wearables devices supported by this app.
- Connect a rewards card. You have the choice of: Scene Points, Petro-Points, Aeroplan Miles or More Rewards.
- Earn loyalty points for meeting your personal daily step goals.
- Complete healthy offers and be rewarded for making healthy lifestyle choices. Earn points every time!
Which Provinces are included?
Currently, Carrot Rewards are only offered to the following provinces, British Columbia, Newfoundland and Labrador, and Ontario.
Interested in signing up?
Carrot Rewards is completely free! Use my personal Bonus Code luciep3336 when you sign up and we’ll both earn bonus points!
Motivate Me Monday LinkUp
Please join Janice and myself for our link-up if you want to share your fitness or nutrition plans and stay motivated too!Link up with @salads4lunch & @runmommyrunca #MotivateMe Monday if you need some motivation! Click To Tweet
Here is what this week’s plan will look like:
Tuesday: 5 km run at lunch
Wednesday: 30 min Trek Fit
Thursday: 5 Km run at lunch
Saturday: 6 or 7 km run
Sunday: Yoga, stretching, foam rolling
PLEASE JOIN THE #MOTIVATEME LINK UP!
THE RULES ARE VERY SIMPLE:
- Every Monday share your fitness, nutrition plan etc by linking them up. All you will need is your post’s URL, and a photo you would like to attach.
- Posts that aren’t related will be deleted.
- In your post, we would love it if you mentioned that you’re participating in #MotivateMe Monday link up, and link back to the hosts Salads4Lunch and Run Mommy Run.
Read what the other linkers are sharing, Visit at least 2 other bloggers’ posts and share some support by commenting and engaging with each other. The more you support, the more support you will get back.