Last updated on April 13th, 2016 at 10:59 am
During this week’s lunchtime strength workouts I’m going to be focusing on my core because it could be the underlying cause of my hip/leg injury.
I take advantage of my lunch hour to get about 3 workouts a week. I either run outdoors, run indoors at the local gym or do a strength workout. I’ve talked before about not feeling comfortable doing strength training in public.
One of the best ways to get myself to feel comfortable is to come with a plan. I write down my plans here, on my blog, so I can access them later from my iPhone, as well as for the benefit of my readers at the same time. Just note that I am NOT a professional.
This week I’m going to work on my core. It’s one of the reason’s I had a hip/leg injury. I’ve been working with a physio therapist to help me get back on track. Now that I’m done with physiotherapy, I want to continue strengthening my core. Here is what my lunch strength workout will look like this week. I go through the list of excercises 3 times.
- Plank – 30 second
- Side bridges – 10 on each side
- 20 squats
- Side balance crunch – 10 on each side
- Sliding pike 15
- Ab crunches on balance ball 30
I will finish off with some foam rolling
#MotivateMe Monday Training PlanLink up with @fitcheerldr & @RunningRachel & @runmommyrunca #MotivateMe Monday if… Click To Tweet
Here is what I did last week:
Monday: 30 min strength training for swimmers
Tuesday: Speed workout & stairs
Wednesday: 5 km tempo run at luch and 1000 m swim
Thursday: foam rolling & PT exercises
Friday: foam rolling & PT exercises
Saturday: 10 Km bike ride
Sunday: slow 5 km run
This week, I’m hoping to accomplish:
Monday: 30 min core workout
Tuesday: Speed intervals on the track at lunch, a quick bike ride with my new bike
Wednesday: 30 min tempo run at lunch & 1000 m swim in the evening
Saturday: Jordan 5/ 1 km race (with my son)
Join the conversation:
- What’s your weekly plan?
PLEASE JOIN THE #MOTIVATEME LINK UP!
THE RULES ARE VERY SIMPLE:
- Every Monday share your fitness, nutrition plan etc by linking them up. All you will need is your post’s URL, and a photo you would like to attach.
- Posts that aren’t related will be deleted.
- In your post, we would love it if you mentioned that you’re participating in #MotivateMe Monday link up, and link back to the hosts Fitness Cheerleader , Running Rachel and Run Mommy Run.
- Read what the other linkers are sharing, Visit at least 2 other bloggers’ posts and share some support by commenting and engaging with each other. The more you support, the more support you will get back.