Last updated on June 11th, 2018 at 01:43 pm
I’m excited to share another easy and healthy but tasty recipe today; its a Mediterranean Pizza. It’s perfect when you need a quick, light lunch.
I’m growing herbs in my garden and I’m also so excited when I get to use them in a dish. With tomatoes in season now they are so tasty and with fresh-from-the-garden basil this vegetarian lunch is sure to please. I like to keep my recipes simple, and this one is just that.
This recipe is has 5 simple ingredients. Besides the tomatoes and basil, you add a bit of salty feta to a greek pita some olive oil and voilà! Lunch is served! Ok, well, almost, you still have to cook it.This Easy Healthy Mediterranean Pizza looks so yummy! You just have to check out the recipe! Click To Tweet
Drizzle a little oil to a frying pan and place the pocketless greek pita. Top the pita with the rest of the ingredients and another drizzle of olive oil, the cover with a lid. The bottom should get nice and crispy while the top of the pita remains soft. You want to tomatoes and the cheese warm.
It’s simple to make, do I really need a recipe? Well, here’s the recipe anyway!A Easy Healthy Mediterranean Pizza is the perfect recipe to make with all the basil and tomatoes from your garden. Click To Tweet
Mediterranean Pizza Recipe
- 1 Greek Pita (no pocket)
- 2 Tbs. of Olive Oil
- 1 small Tomatoes, chopped in cubes, or 10 grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 Tbs. of fresh basil is best, but dried will do to
- 2 Tbs. of crumbled Feta Cheese
- salt to taste (optional)
- In a frying pan set to medium heat, sprinkle 1 Tbs. of olive oil.
- Place the pita in the frying pan, and sprinkle the rest of the olive oil.
- Top the pita with tomatoes, feta, and basil.
- Cover with a lid for about 5 minutes.
- You want to the bottom of the pita to get crispy, while the cheese and tomatoes warm through.
- Quarter the pizza and enjoy every bite!
I’m linking up to Confessions of a Mother Runner & A Whisk and Two Wands for the Meatless Monday Link-up! Check them out for tasty vegetarian dishes.