Last updated on March 21st, 2016 at 12:29 am
Today’s vlog is all about easy, no measure breakfast egg muffins.
I’m attempting to improve my diet by adding more protein to my day. It’s something I struggle with, but with all the training coming up for a 1/2 marathon and a triathlon, I need to eat properly. Eggs are a great source of nutrients, including protein.Looking for a easy breakfast? Make these great tasting Breakfast Egg Muffins ahead of time and… Click To Tweet
One of the go-to breakfasts that my husband and I love are breakfast egg muffins. We add some egg whites to this recipe for extra protein. I make this the night before and it saves some time on our busy weekday mornings.
It’s a simple recipe, you really can’t mess it up. And, the best thing is that you can change-up the ingredients depending on what you have on hand. I didn’t add any meat to the egg muffins this time, but sprinkling bacon bits or ham pieces is a great way to add even more protein.
See my first cooking video below 🙂
- Eggs (at least 6)
- Egg whites
- Green onions
- Other vegetables as desired
- Cheese such as feta, goat cheese, cheddar, mozzarella, smoked Gouda
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven at 350 F
- Spray a muffin pan with non-stick spray
- Rough chop your vegetables and sprinkle on the bottom of the muffin tin
- Add cheese to each muffin well
- Top each muffin well with beaten eggs
- Top up with egg whites
- Sprinkle salt & pepper to taste
I’m joining up with Marathons & Motivation and Ilka’s Blog for Sunday’s Fitness & Food Link-up
Join the conversation:
- What’s your favorite high protein recipe?
- Do you enjoy egg muffins for breakfast?
- What are your favorite ingredients to add?