Last updated on October 1st, 2015 at 01:17 am
It seems that I have slowed down my physical activity now that the winter months are here, probably due to the shorter days. I want to change this. Who motivates and challenges me the most? That would be my twin sister Julie. So, Julie, for the month of December, I challenge you to a competition as to who can do most physical activity throughout the month.
Find ways to get more active for the entire month of December.
Rules of the Game
- Exercise your heart out (walking the dog counts and other small activities count too)
- Record your data (see parameters section below)
- Share your data weekly with me by 8 p.m. every Sunday
- Encourage each other.
- It’s a friendly competition, but some smack talk is allowed, cause it’s fun!
- Share your secretes about how you added more activity in your day so I can pass it along to other readers in hopes of inspiring them to fit more time in their days to GET UP & MOVE.
Parameters to be recorded
Calories burned per day: If you don’t have an activity tracker, you can use MyFitnessPal.com or the My Fitness Pal app on your smartphone to calculate your calories burned.
Time (minutes/hours) spent at a physical activity per day: i.e., walking the dog, running, working out.
Nike Fuel per day: The Nike Running App, the Nike Training Club App for smartphones or the Nike Fuel Band SE will all calculate Nike Fuel.
Distant Ran per day: because I know Julie will want me to add this info! 🙂
So, Julie, are you up for this challenge? I invite anyone else who is interested in joining my friendly challenge to GET UP & MOVE in December. Please email me at Luciepalka@gmail.com with the subject Get Up & Move: December Challenge and let me know of your intent to join my challenge by November 30th, 2014. I will include your results in my weekly reports. Other bloggers are also welcome, I will add your link to your site as well.
Come back soon to check out my Christmas Guide for Runners!