Last updated on May 18th, 2016 at 10:43 am
I’m just 3 weeks away from my very first half marathon ever. I’m running in the Niagara Falls’ Women Half Marathon on June 5, 2016. This is definitely a destination race for many woman, however, I’m just 20 minutes away so it’s going to be a simple drive in for me.
I picked this race as my first half marathon because its popular, scenic and close to home (and it also has great swag I hear, but that’s only a little reason). We get to run by the famous falls, twice, and apparently a fire fighter presents everyone with their finisher’s medal! Need any more reasons?
As the time is getting closer, I’m very confident that I can do well on the race. I’ve increased my mileage this week and reached my longest run yet; 20 km. I have to admit that I was getting a little bored by the end. It took me 2 hours and 8 minutes, which surprised me since the week before it took me 2 hours and 16 minutes to run 18.5 km.
The next couple of weeks, my Half Marathon training and my Triathlon training are overlapping. I have to be creative in fitting all that training in without burning out! I will however, concentrate on my Half marathon more since it’s the next event, then once that’s over with, I’m going to dive into serious triathlon training.
Also coming on the blog in the next few weeks are a tone of product reviews. Some of them I’ve turned into vlog posts as well, so keep an eye out on my YouTube channel as they will be posted there first.
#MotivateMe Monday Training PlanLink up with @fitcheerldr & @RunningRachel & @runmommyrunca #MotivateMe Monday if… Click To Tweet
Here is what I did last week:
Tuesday: speed work & 1000 m swim
Wednesday: 750 meter swim
Friday: 7.5 km of biking
Saturday: 20 km run
This week I’m hoping to do the following:
Tuesday: speed work
Wednesday: 1000 meter swim
Thursday: 5 km easy run
Friday: 10 km bike ride
Saturday: MEC Burlington 10 km race
Join the conversation:
- What were you up to this weekend?
- If you run, do you ever get bored of running?
PLEASE JOIN THE #MOTIVATEME LINK UP!
THE RULES ARE VERY SIMPLE:
- Every Monday share your fitness, nutrition plan etc by linking them up. All you will need is your post’s URL, and a photo you would like to attach.
- Posts that aren’t related will be deleted.
- In your post, we would love it if you mentioned that you’re participating in #MotivateMe Monday link up, and link back to the hosts Fitness Cheerleader , Running Rachel and Run Mommy Run.
- Read what the other linkers are sharing, Visit at least 2 other bloggers’ posts and share some support by commenting and engaging with each other. The more you support, the more support you will get back.