It’s a long weekend in Canada since Friday was Canada Day! Happy 149th Canada! Here are some awesome reasons why being Canadian is great….
Why Canada Is Great:
Ketchup Chips: It’s hard to believe that our neighbours to the south (the USA) don’t actually have Ketchup Chips. It’s really too bad, they are totally missing out since they are one of my favorite kinds of chips.
4 Seasons: Yes, I love summer, but Winter is also great. I love ice skating, skiing and sledding with my son! I love spring for the beautiful flowers and fall for the colourful leaves! Every season has its charm.
Hockey: My husband, who blogs at HockeyOpinion would definitely add Hockey to my list of reasons why Canada is great. I mostly agree, however I mostly like Sidney Crosby (who is Canadian).
Great Wine: Ok, well, I can’t speak for all of Canada, but I can speak to the Niagara Region. We have many wineries and they are absolutely great. Oh and I can’t forget Icewines; one of Canada’s great imports!
A very handsome Prime Minister: Our Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is a very good-looking charismatic man!And what did I do on Canada Day? My husband, son and I traveled to Stratford ON for a couple of days. (FYI: It’s where Justin Beiber is from) and we caught the evening parade. Unfortunately it was too cold for us to stick around for the fireworks. We didn’t count on it being so cold and didn’t pack appropriately.
#MotivateMe Monday Link Up
I invite you to join Janice and myself for our link-up if you want to share your fitness or nutrition plans and stay motivated too!Link up with @salads4lunch & @runmommyrunca #MotivateMe Monday if you need some motivation! Click To Tweet
Here is what I did last week:
- Monday: rest
- Tuesday:30 min bike followed by a 1 km run
- Wednesday: rest
- Thursday: 30 min
- Friday: Canada Day festivities! (no actual workouts, but lots of walking)
- Saturday: walking
- Sunday: rest
This week I’m hoping to do the following:
- Monday: biking/swimming
- Tuesday: 1000m swimming
- Wednesday: rest
- Thursday: 30 min running
- Friday: 1000 m swimming
- Saturday: rest
- Sunday: Brick workout 15 bike/5 km run
Join the conversation:
- Do you workout at lunch?
- If so, what’s your favorite workout to do at lunch?
- If not, when’s your best time to workout?
PLEASE JOIN THE #MOTIVATEME LINK UP!
THE RULES ARE VERY SIMPLE:
- Every Monday share your fitness, nutrition plan etc by linking them up. All you will need is your post’s URL, and a photo you would like to attach.
- Posts that aren’t related will be deleted.
- In your post, we would love it if you mentioned that you’re participating in #MotivateMe Monday link up, and link back to the hosts Salads4Lunch (formerly Fitness Cheerleader ) and Run Mommy Run. Grab my button below for a quick link back!
- Read what the other linkers are sharing, Visit at least 2 other bloggers’ posts and share some support by commenting and engaging with each other. The more you support, the more support you will get back.
Run Mommy Run – Motivate Me Monday Link-up
Instructions: Select all code above, copy it and paste it inside your blog post as HTML