Last updated on September 4th, 2016 at 01:55 pm
What do you do with your used up race bibs and finishers medals? You make memories out of them of course? These shadow boxes are the perfect way to commemorate your goal races.
These shadow boxes were quite easy to create. I don’t consider myself crafty. I don’t have the patience for details required to do a great job. However, these shadow boxes of mine were quite basic in composition, therefore I think the skill required is quite low.
To start off you’ll need a shadow box. I’ll be honest, I looked at Micheals Craft Store first and the prices were in the order of $50. I shopped around and settled for an Ikea GUNNABO Frame which allows you to be creative in how you frame. You can choose to frame objects close to the glass, or behind the box frame to add depth. At $16 Canadian, I thought that was a much better alternative
Here is a complete list of objects you might need:
- Shadow Box
- Acid Free Photo Corners (I didn’t have any, but I sure could have used them)
- White Paper
- Scrapbook Paper, or coloured cardboard (Optional, for something more creative)
- Glue Stick
- Race Stats printed out
- Race Bib
- Finisher’s Medal
- Awesome pics of your race
I used the back of the frame and covered it with white paper as a background. The rest is pretty easy. Just play around with your photos, stats, medal and create a balanced arrangement. Once you are happy with your design glue down your memories. I used tape to keep the medal from moving inside the frame.
I simply folded the medal over the frame backing and taped it down, nothing fancy (see image below). That’s where I lack the creative know how about framing. But once it’s hanging on the wall, no one sees that part. If you can find a better way, let me know.
And there you have it. I now have 2 great memories of my 2 big goals of the year.
#MotivateMe Monday Link Up
Please join Janice and myself for our link-up if you want to share your fitness or nutrition plans and stay motivated too!Link up with @salads4lunch & @runmommyrunca #MotivateMe Monday if you need some motivation! Click To Tweet
This week I’m hoping to do the following:
- Tuesday: Tempo Run
- Wednesday: Weights
- Thursday: Easy run
- Saturday or Sunday: 5 km run
PLEASE JOIN THE #MOTIVATEME LINK UP!
THE RULES ARE VERY SIMPLE:
- Every Monday share your fitness, nutrition plan etc by linking them up. All you will need is your post’s URL, and a photo you would like to attach.
- Posts that aren’t related will be deleted.
- In your post, we would love it if you mentioned that you’re participating in #MotivateMe Monday link up, and link back to the hosts Salads4Lunch (formerly Fitness Cheerleader ) and Run Mommy Run. Grab my button below for a quick link back!
- Read what the other linkers are sharing, Visit at least 2 other bloggers’ posts and share some support by commenting and engaging with each other. The more you support, the more support you will get back.