Last updated on October 24th, 2016 at 12:42 am
Running is my physical activity of choice. It’s an inexpensive sport that you can do just about anywhere, any time. What do you do when you are in a running rut and you just don’t feel motivated anymore.
I’ve completed some pretty hefty goals this summer. I completed my first half marathon and competed in 2 triathlons. Since the Iron Girl Sprint Triathlon, I’ve really lost my motivation for running, I’m just not feeling it anymore. Here are a few tips how to get out of a running rut.
- Stop running for a while
- Start something new
- Work on strength training
- Don’t stress about it
So far, this strategy has been working well for me. I stopped running for a few weeks, then picked it up once or twice a week only for now. I started something new, I’m doing other forms of cardio and working on strength training. I’m doing a 6 week Nike Training Club plan. So far, I’ve been hitting all my workouts and I’ve been feeling the pain! It goes to show that even though I ran a lot, I’m still not in tip top shape.
And finally, I’m not stressing about it either. It allows me to focus on other things I want to do such as painting, reading, photography and focusing on my blog.
#MotivateMe Monday Link Up
Please join Janice and myself for our link-up if you want to share your fitness or nutrition plans and stay motivated too!Link up with @salads4lunch & @runmommyrunca #MotivateMe Monday if you need some motivation! Click To Tweet
Last week, I planned and did:
Monday: Endurance – Wipeout 2.0, 30 min
Tuesday: Recovery Day
Wednesday: Strength – Zero to 100, 30 min
Thursday: Recovery Day
Friday: Endurance Run – Nike+ Run Club – Fast Pace
Saturday: Recovery Day
Sunday: Endurance – The Leg Up, 15 Min
This week’s Fitness Plan, brought to you by Nike Training Club is:
Monday: Recovery Day
Tuesday: Endurance – The Perfect 10, 45 min
Wednesday: Recovery Day
Thursday: Endurance – Lean Fit Benchmarck – 6 min
Friday: Recovery Day
Saturday: Endurance Run – Nike+ Run club, 30 min fast pace
Sunday: Recover Day
PLEASE JOIN THE #MOTIVATEME LINK UP!
THE RULES ARE VERY SIMPLE:
- Every Monday share your fitness, nutrition plan etc by linking them up. All you will need is your post’s URL, and a photo you would like to attach.
- Posts that aren’t related will be deleted.
- In your post, we would love it if you mentioned that you’re participating in #MotivateMe Monday link up, and link back to the hosts Salads4Lunch and Run Mommy Run.
- Read what the other linkers are sharing, Visit at least 2 other bloggers’ posts and share some support by commenting and engaging with each other. The more you support, the more support you will get back.