Today’s post will be a short recap of this Mother’s Day weekend with lots of pictures. I didn’t celebrate Mother’s Day just on Sunday, but all day Saturday too!
Our day started bright and early on Saturday morning where the whole family ran in the Fast & Furriest 5 km/1 km race. My husband and my son did the 1 km together, while I did the 5 km race with my 10 year old dog Charlie. The full race recap will come this week (I’m just too tired tonight) but it was lots of fun.
In case you missed it, we were featured on Running With Ollie’s Furry Friday Feature
My husband took our son and I out for a lovely Italian restaurant for dinner, on Saturday, where I indulged in pasta and wine.
On Sunday, I got to decided what I wanted to do. I wanted to get my long run out of the way, so I did that first thing in the morning. I planned on 20 Km, but I settled on 18.5 when I saw that I was taking too long.
Even though I cut my run 1.5 km short, it’s still the longest distance I have ever ran. I started very slow because I wanted to conserve some energy.
I ran with my new reflective vest that my son and husband bought for Mother’s Day, which is very thoughtful. It shows that they support me and that they want me to stay safe. It will be useful so I can run or bike safely when it’s dark.
I didn’t have a fuel belt, so I used a makeshift one for my run today, but I decided to go buy a real one. I need to carry water and needed a place to stash my gels. I settled for this Nike one. I can’ wait to test it out next weekend.
Surprisingly, I still had energy for some shopping in the afternoon, followed by a well deserved nap. We finished off the day with a lovely family meal with my in-laws.
#MotivateMe Monday Training PlanLink up with @fitcheerldr & @RunningRachel & @runmommyrunca #MotivateMe Monday if you… Click To Tweet
Here is what I did last week:
Tuesday: 6 km bike ride
Wednesday: 750 meter swim
Thursday: 5 km easy run
Saturday: 5 km race (Fast & Furriest)
Sunday: 18.5 Km run
I’m training for my first 1/2 marathon in June, This week I’m hoping to:
Tuesday: 5 km run at lunch + 5 km bike ride in the evening
Wednesday: 1000 meter swim
Friday: 6 km moderate run at lunch
Saturday: yoga, stretching & foam rolling
Sunday: 20 km run
Join the conversation:
- Have you ever suffered a migraine while working out or our on a run?
- What’s your scariest migraine experience?
- Any tips on how to deal with a migraine if you are alone in a public area?
PLEASE JOIN THE #MOTIVATEME LINK UP!
THE RULES ARE VERY SIMPLE:
- Every Monday share your fitness, nutrition plan etc by linking them up. All you will need is your post’s URL, and a photo you would like to attach.
- Posts that aren’t related will be deleted.
- In your post, we would love it if you mentioned that you’re participating in #MotivateMe Monday link up, and link back to the hosts Fitness Cheerleader , Running Rachel and Run Mommy Run.
- Read what the other linkers are sharing, Visit at least 2 other bloggers’ posts and share some support by commenting and engaging with each other. The more you support, the more support you will get back.