I’ve read about post race slumps on other blogs and I’ve experienced it myself on big races. I’m definitely experiencing post race slump since my first half marathon. Maybe it’s my body’s way of telling me that I need some rest. It’s been 2 weeks since my race and I’ve only had 3 runs in. Two of then were only 3 km long. Finally today I managed a full 5 km run and it felt good.
I feel like I’m finally on an up swing though since I’ve started my triathlon training. My workouts last week didn’t really reflect that. June is a busy month in our household. Last week my husband and I celebrated our fourth wedding anniversary and this week we celebrated my son’s birthday (he turned 3) and Father’s Day. My time was taken up with lots of party planning and actual partying.
With most of the June festivities over with, I’m committing to start training and eating like an athlete (as soon as all the leftover pizza and cake are eaten). So, here is my fitness plan for the week.
#MotivateMe Monday Link Up
I invite you to join Janice and myself for our link-up if you want to share your fitness or nutrition plans and stay motivated too!Link up with @fitcheerldr & @runmommyrunca #MotivateMe Monday if you need some motivation! Click To Tweet
Here is what I did last week:
Monday: open water swim
Wednesday: 30 min run
Sunday: 5 km run
This week I’m hoping to do the following:
Monday: 1 hour bike
Tuesday: 30 min run
Wednesday: weight training or swim? (my usual pool is closed for 2 weeks)
Thursday: 10 km bike
Sunday: Brick Workout: 10 km bike/5 km run
Join the conversation:
- Do you experience post race slump?
- What are your workout plans this week?
PLEASE JOIN THE #MOTIVATEME LINK UP!
THE RULES ARE VERY SIMPLE:
- Every Monday share your fitness, nutrition plan etc by linking them up. All you will need is your post’s URL, and a photo you would like to attach.
- Posts that aren’t related will be deleted.
- In your post, we would love it if you mentioned that you’re participating in #MotivateMe Monday link up, and link back to the hosts Fitness Cheerleader and Run Mommy Run.
- Read what the other linkers are sharing, Visit at least 2 other bloggers’ posts and share some support by commenting and engaging with each other. The more you support, the more support you will get back.