Last updated on October 1st, 2015 at 01:05 am
Fellow running blogger Tina at Gotta Run Now wrote about post race depression last week and gave some great tips about how to prevent it.
Well, I have to admit to feeling it a little bit down right now. I no longer have any races to train for, therefore I seem to have lost some of my motivation to run this week. Also, with the days getting shorter I would have to run in the dark, and that really isn’t something I like to do. I can handle cold weather, but not the dark.
Taking some advice
- I think I might take some of Tina’s advice on post race depression. I just might need to schedule another race. I know that there are two more 5 km races in the Niagara Series, one in October, on in November that I could sign up for.
- I could also take a small vacation from running. I can put my feet up and let my body recover for a week or so and think about my running goals and work on my blog!
Goals for 2015
Short Term Goals (for 2014)
- Find one more 5 km race to enter for 2014
- Run at least once on weekends
- Replace my weekday run with a indoor workout such as one from the Nike Training Club iPhone App or P90X3 as a form of cross training
Long Term Goals (for 2015)
- Run a fun 5 Km race, like the Chocolate Race that happens in May! Hey, they hand you a chocolate martini at the end of the race, sounds fun to me!
- Run in at least one 10 km race
- Run in another Obstacle Race such at Mudd, Sweat and Tears like I did this year.
- Run one of those races with my twin sister Julie, because that was lots of fun!
- Keep trying to reduce my average race pace to 5 min/km
I use goals to keep me motivated, how do you keep motivated?