This week, I’m saying goodbye to my 30’s and I’m saying hello to my 4o’s. I can’t say it’s an easy change. I didn’t fear turning 2o, or even 30, however 40 seems so much more significant. Perhaps it’s because I still feel like I’m 27 but my birth certificate says otherwise.
My thirties were great. It was a decade where many great things happened.
Here is a quick recap of all those great things in chronological order:
- At 30, I adopted my rescue dog Charlie.
- At 31, I met my husband, at Starbucks.
- At 34, I changed my career from Environmental to I.T.
- At 35, I got married and my husband and I merged our lives and honeymooned in Disney World. (Yes, my trips to Disney are so much part of my little family, they need to be mentioned as significant).
- At 36, I gave birth to my son.
- At 37, I started running again and Run Mommy Run was born.
- At 38, I set bigger running goals, like my first 10 km race. We returned to Disney as a family.
- At 39, I set huge goals for myself which I accomplished, I completed my first half-marathon and my first triathlon.
How am I going to celebrate 40?
Julie and I did our Iron Girl Sprint Triathlon together as a way of saying good-bye to our 30’s together. I loved the chance to train for this event with her, even though we live 500 kilometers apart. Working together on common goals keeps us close and I want to take the time for a little shutout to my best friend and twin sister Julie. I want to wish her a Happy 40th Birthday.
To celebrate turning 40 and 2 years of blogging, I gave my blog a face-lift (I don’t think I need one quite yet). What do you think about my new blog theme? Let me know in the comment section below!
How will I celebrate this big Milestone birthday? I took Friday (my birthday) off from work. I’m not sure what I’ll do by myself, but I’m pretty sure it I’ll start with a nice Starbucks coffee. I’m going to spend time with my family ( I have a feeling my son has his eye on a Paw Patrol cake for me). And, I’m going to do a girls’ movie night to see Bridget Jones’ Baby with two of my sisters. I haven’t had a girls’ night out in a while so I’m looking forward to it.
I feel like I’ve hit so many big milestones in my 30’s. It’s really been my best decade yet. Although apprehensive of growing “old”, I’m still excited about what’s to come. I still have so many goals and dreams to work for! So, on Thursday night, I say goodbye to my 30’s and I’ll wake up on Friday in a brand new decade.