I workout at lunch 3 times a week. I don’t have time to take a full shower and do my make-up fresh before I return to work. I rely on my make-up to last all day even through a workout. I have decided to start putting my make-up to the sweat test and only keep those that make the grade. Read my first post about L’Oreal’s Voluminous Miss Magna Rock.
For this Sweat Test post, I’m putting eyeliner to the test. When looking at a eyeliner, I look for several things:
- Is the colour intense enough?
- Is it long lasting?
- Is it easy to apply?
- Is it sweat proof or will it leave me with racoon eyes?
Today’s make-up being put to the test is Revlon’s Colourstay Liquid Eye Pen
Putting Revlon Colourstay Liquid Eye Pen To The Test
I put some eyeliner most mornings for the last couple of weeks, and proceeded with my lunch time workouts as normal. I monitored my eyeliner before and after workouts. Unfortuntely, I didn’t have any great photos to share. Turns out that taking selfies of your eyes isn’t easy!
The Final Rating
So, to sum things up, here is how the Revlon’s Colourstay Liquid Eye Pen performed:
- The colour wasn’t intense enough for me. It’s called 02 black, but to me it was more charcoal grey on my eyes.
- I was disapointed that it didn’t last all day
- I liked the pen, it was definitely easy to apply. You could get the line as thick or as thin as you like
- I would definitely NOT class this eyeliner as sweatproof. It did smudge enough after my workouts to dislike it.
So, for final results, I give this mascara a big thumbs down since it did smudge after my workouts. In fact, I didn’t really like the colour. I was hoping for a darker black shade. So, once this eyeliner is used up, I’ll be on the hunt for a better alternative.
Do you have any favorite brands of make-up that stay on all day and you absolutely love? Share them with me in the comments below!