Last updated on February 26th, 2016 at 02:54 am
The Winter Chill Conclusion
The month of December sure flew by. It’s now January, which means that the Winter Chill Challenge has concluded its second year. And finally, at least for some of us, the Chilly Weather has finally made an appearance.
Let’s get on with the last check-in. If you missed the previous Winter Chill posts, you can catch up by reading: Get to Know The Challengers, Week 1 Check-In, or Week 2 Check-In, Week 3 Check-In and Week 4 Check-In. Let’s find out how our challengers did in Week 4.The #WinterChill challenge concluded, find out how awesome we did. Click To Tweet
Julie took advantage of the snow they received after Christmas to finish off the Challenge on a successful note. Here is what she did:
- Wednesday: 2 km snowshoe,
- Thursday: 4.5 km snowshoe,
- Friday: 10 km run
Great job Julie! And thank you for inspiring this challenge. For those who don’t know, Julie is often the inspiration behind the ideas on Run Mommy Run. She’s truly my inspiration and my muse!
Just like Julie, Abigail also took advantage of the snow to finish off the Winter Chill Challenge strong. Here is what she was up to in the last days of 2015:
- Monday: walk 8 km
- Tuesday: snowshoe 7 km
- Wednesday: walk 7 km
- Thursday: walk 7 km
Abigail, I love how you fully embraced this challenge. I’m happy that Julie has a great friend and co-worker like you to help keep her motivated. Thank you for joining the challenge, and it really was great to get to know you better.
Barrie from Hardly A Goddess
Nancy, as always kept active after Christmas. Even when she travels, she finds ways to burn some energy. Here is what she did:
- Monday: Big snow storm and played outside in the snow and did shoveling: 1 hour;
- Tuesday: traveled to Ottawa; walked with a another hockey mom for 30 minutes before our hockey game that day
- Wednesday: walked 30 minutes downtown Ottawa with the family
- Thursday: walked 30 minutes downtown Ottawa with the family and watched a lot of hockey in a hockey tournament
Nancy also adds “The Winter challenge was a lot of fun!”
Nancy, you truly live and active lifestyle everyday and you lead by example. I love how you encourage your family and friends to join in when ever possible! Thank you Nancy for joining the Winter Chill again this year!
Susan from Adventures With Suz
Susan was also traveling and found ways to stay active, especially when touring NYC. Here is how Susan is how she did it:
- Monday: I was traveling back home after visiting family. I did spend the afternoon and evening cleaning up and putting things away that I brought back. It wasn’t much, but better than sitting and watching holiday movies on Hallmark 🙂
- Tuesday: 45 minutes of circuit training & coached a class that evening.
- Thursday: I spent most of the day walking around Manhattan from about 12 pm to 6 pm.
- Friday: Went back into Manhattan for the morning and afternoon and again walked just about everywhere we went.
And finally, here is how I kept active during the last few days of 2015:
- Monday: 60 min dog walking
- Tuesday: 45 min of dog walking
- Wednesday:5 Km run and 30 min of dog walking
- Thursday: 30 min dog walking
Another year gone, and another successful challenge under my belt. This year’s challenge was fun since we doubled the number of challengers. Thank you everyone for joining the Winter Chill Challenge!
Read last’s Challenge’s final update for some fun tips on how to stay active when things get busy.
Would you be interested in joining a similar challenge down the road? Sign up for my newsletter for post updates and future notification of the Winter Chill or similar challenges.