Last updated on March 8th, 2016 at 01:58 am
Winter? Am I seriously talking about WINTER???? Yes! Now that summer is here and the temperature and humidity is rising I’m finding that running is getting difficult. Because I work full-time and have a little toddler, I don’t have the luxury of choosing when I run. I usually take advantage of my lunchtime hour for a run or a workout!
I remember in cold cold months, I couldn’t wait for the summer to arrive so I could wear shorts again. Now that I’m on the flip side, I’m thinking of my winter training.
Here is what I miss about running in the cold weather:
- I don’ t overheat as quickly
- I prefer running when its snowing than when it’s raining
- I love taking a deep breath of cool air, not the stifling smoggy humid air
- The sidewalks are less crowded
- When I wear a hat, I don’t have to worry about my hair flying all over the place
- I don’t have to worry about slathering goopy sunscreen, which of most I’m allergic too, all over my skin
- I have more pockets in my winter running clothes to carry things like keys, tissue, gummies etc
- I love my merino wool compression socks and find any excuse to wear them!
- You don’t sweat as much
- I noticed more chaffing in the summer
What I don’t miss about winter running
- All the extra layers you have to put on
- Slippery or un-shoveled sidewalks.
Now it’s your turn. Do you like running in winter? What do you miss most about running in winter?