I often talk about my lunchtime workouts. Using my lunch time hour for training 3 times a week is my strategy to fit in all the workouts I need. In fact, it was part of my half marathon training strategy. I included one night of swimming and at least one long run on weekends and the rest of my training was exclusively done at lunch time.
Now that I’m training for my first triathlon, I’m still using my lunch hour for training, plus adding my Monday night tri clinic, one week night swim, and my brick workouts on the weekend.
Although a training at lunchtime is a great strategy, there are definitely negatives to training at lunchtime.
Pros of training at lunch:
- It’s a full guiltless hour that I have to spend on myself (and if you are a parent, you totally understand this statement)
- I can take full advantage of easy access to a track and a multi use recreational trail
- I’m more productive at work
- I no longer suffer from the 3 O’clock zees.
- My evenings are free to spend with my family (and blogging)
Cons of training at lunch:
- I get sweaty and gross. Luckily I have access to a shower.
- I don’t always have time to redo my hair and make-up.
- I only really get 30 minutes to workout once you factor in travel/changing time.
- I have to remember to bring my workout gear.
- There is always the opportunity that coworkers will see me in my workout gear!
#MotivateMe Monday Link Up
I invite you to join Janice and myself for our link-up if you want to share your fitness or nutrition plans and stay motivated too!Link up with @salads4lunch & @runmommyrunca #MotivateMe Monday if you need some motivation! Click To Tweet
Here is what I did last week:
- Monday: 3.5 km run at lunch and 1 hour biking in the evening
- Tuesday: rest
- Wednesday: 30 min bike followed by a 1 km run
- Thursday: rest
- Friday: rest
- Saturday: rest
- Sunday:10 km bike/5 km run
This week I’m hoping to do the following:
- Monday: 1 hour run
- Tuesday: 1000m swimming
- Wednesday: 30 min bike
- Thursday: 5 km run
- Friday: rest
- Saturday: rest
- Sunday: Brick workout
Join the conversation:
- Do you workout at lunch?
- If so, what’s your favorite workout to do at lunch?
- If not, when’s your best time to workout?
PLEASE JOIN THE #MOTIVATEME LINK UP!
THE RULES ARE VERY SIMPLE:
- Every Monday share your fitness, nutrition plan etc by linking them up. All you will need is your post’s URL, and a photo you would like to attach.
- Posts that aren’t related will be deleted.
- In your post, we would love it if you mentioned that you’re participating in #MotivateMe Monday link up, and link back to the hosts Salads4Lunch (formerly Fitness Cheerleader ) and Run Mommy Run. Grab my button below for a quick link back!
- Read what the other linkers are sharing, Visit at least 2 other bloggers’ posts and share some support by commenting and engaging with each other. The more you support, the more support you will get back.
Run Mommy Run – Motivate Me Monday Link-up
Instructions: Select all code above, copy it and paste it inside your blog post as HTML