Last updated on August 9th, 2016 at 07:31 pm
Ok, so I’m a week away from Iron Girl Grimsby. I’ve been training so hard this summer. I ran in my first half marathon in June and next week will mark my first triathlon. You’d think with all that training I’d be beach body ready right? Not when you give yourself the licence to eat.
Well, I have a confession to make. Despite all my training, I’ve been gaining weights! I’m very disappointed with myself, and it really is my own undoing. My appetite has increased significantly and I’ve taken this a licence to eat anything and everything.
I imagined chiseled abs, lifted butt and chiseled legs (kinda like the image above). WRONG! I’ve gained a few pounds. Now I know why my 5 km runs have been slower. Grrr, it’s frustrating. Although, gaining weight when training for long distances is a known issue, I’ve never experienced it myself before, and I’m totally blaming it on turning 40 soon. 🙂
I’ve never struggled with weight issues my whole life, but I’m also moving into my 40’s shortly and I know my body will change. I need to reign in my eating habits for sure. So, after my Iron Girl training is over, it’s time to change things up. What will I change?
Type of Exercises:
I’ll be reducing all my cardio training; swim, bike, run, and I’ll be re-introducing some weight training. Since I’ve completed most of my scheduled races (and a few unscheduled ones too) I think my body will welcome the change of pace.
I’ll also be doing more yoga. My body is very tight and I need to loosen up and to relax.
I’ll start food journaling again, using MyFitnessPal so I know I’m eating enough protein, and not too much fat. Hopefully my appetite will slow down and I’ll have less mid-morning cravings for chips and chocolate (yes, together). I’m going to try to dedicate more time to meal planning. That really helps me stay on track.
#MotivateMe Monday Link Up
I invite you to join Janice and myself for our link-up if you want to share your fitness or nutrition plans and stay motivated too!Link up with @salads4lunch & @runmommyrunca #MotivateMe Monday if you need some motivation! Click To Tweet
This week I’m hoping to do the following:
- Monday: Tri Clinic, swim/bike/run
- Tuesday: 1000 m swim
- Wednesday: light run
- Thursday: 10 km bike
- Friday: rest
- Saturday: rest
- Sunday: IRON GIRL (finally)
PLEASE JOIN THE #MOTIVATEME LINK UP!
THE RULES ARE VERY SIMPLE:
- Every Monday share your fitness, nutrition plan etc by linking them up. All you will need is your post’s URL, and a photo you would like to attach.
- Posts that aren’t related will be deleted.
- In your post, we would love it if you mentioned that you’re participating in #MotivateMe Monday link up, and link back to the hosts Salads4Lunch (formerly Fitness Cheerleader ) and Run Mommy Run. Grab my button below for a quick link back!
- Read what the other linkers are sharing, Visit at least 2 other bloggers’ posts and share some support by commenting and engaging with each other. The more you support, the more support you will get back.
Join the Conversation:
Do you have any tips to maintain weight while training for long distances races?
What’s your favorite junk food?
What’s your favorite weight training exercises?