Last updated on July 20th, 2016 at 10:25 am
OMG, I just signed myself up for a Try A Tri. We’ll, I’m just coming to the end of my vacation and feeling a little panicked that maybe I’m not training hard enough for my first triathlon. What better way to find out then to try a tri(athlon) next Sunday. This Try A Tri happens to be on the same course as the Iron Girl will be next month, so I will familiarize myself with the course at the same time.
The distance of the Try A Tri is smaller than the Iron Girl, which is a triathlon sprint. It’s going to be a 375 m swim, 10 km bike and 2.5 km run, while the Iron Girl Grimsby is 500 m swim/20 km bike/5 km run. I think this small-scale triathlon will help with the anxiety I have over Iron Girl. I will also get to decide where I should concentrate my training for my last push before the triathlon sprint in August.
I’ve also increased my training this week to make sure I’m ready for the Try A Tri and Iron Girl. I don’t know why I’m feeling so much anxiety, I know I’ll be able to finish the race. I think it’s because the competitive side of me doesn’t want to just finish, I want to do really well.
#MotivateMe Monday Link Up
I invite you to join Janice and myself for our link-up if you want to share your fitness or nutrition plans and stay motivated too!Link up with @salads4lunch & @runmommyrunca #MotivateMe Monday if you need some motivation! Click To Tweet
Here is what I did last week:
- Monday: 14 Km trail biking & 10 km Mountain biking
- Tuesday: 200 m pool swim
- Wednesday: rest
- Thursday: 5 km run & 750 m swim
- Friday: 1000 m swim
- Saturday: rest
- Sunday: Brick: 15 km bike/3 km run
This week I’m hoping to do the following:
- Monday: 8 x 200 m sprints & Tri clinic
- Tuesday: rest
- Wednesday: 30 min biking
- Thursday: 30 min running light run
- Friday: rest
- Saturday: rest
- Sunday: Try A Tri 375 m swim/10 km bike/ 2.5 run
Join the conversation:
- Do you get race anxiety?
- How do you deal with race anxiety?
- Do you ever have dream about your race the night before?
PLEASE JOIN THE #MOTIVATEME LINK UP!
THE RULES ARE VERY SIMPLE:
- Every Monday share your fitness, nutrition plan etc by linking them up. All you will need is your post’s URL, and a photo you would like to attach.
- Posts that aren’t related will be deleted.
- In your post, we would love it if you mentioned that you’re participating in #MotivateMe Monday link up, and link back to the hosts Salads4Lunch (formerly Fitness Cheerleader ) and Run Mommy Run. Grab my button below for a quick link back!
- Read what the other linkers are sharing, Visit at least 2 other bloggers’ posts and share some support by commenting and engaging with each other. The more you support, the more support you will get back.
Run Mommy Run – Motivate Me Monday Link-up
Instructions: Select all code above, copy it and paste it inside your blog post as HTML