With the Run for the Grapes 5 km race less than a week away, where Julie and I face off, I have my last Twin VS Twin post. Today, we talk about why we think the other twin will win the race.
Reasons why Julie thinks Lucie is going to win:
- Cause Lucie always won sporting events, from track & field throughout elementary school to high-school, as well Cross-Country running..
- Lucie is fueled by her need to win over me, her competitiveness gives her wings.
- Lucie is 10 lbs lighter and has less weight to carry.
- She’s acclimatized to the humidity of Niagara.
Reasons why Lucie thinks Julie is going to win:
- Julie just completed her first ½ marathon and she’s been training like crazy.
- She’s lost 25 lbs and she’s ready to rock..
- She really wants to have a win against me under her belt.
- Julie has many more running friends and support that fuels her.
On a last note, I really want Julie to win this one. But I will not let her win. If she wants it, she will have to earn it herself. I will make my best effort to beat her! However, everyone wins if we both get P.Rs.
#MotivateMe MondayLink up with @fitcheerldr & @RunningRachel for #MotivateMe Monday if you need some motivation! Click To Tweet
Last week my training looked like this:
Monday: 1 hour endurance swim (I have enough to talk about this for a full post)
Tuesday: 3 x 1000 meters run at under 5 min, 400 m rest in between (I got to do this workout with Julie when she was down for a very short visit)
Wednesday: 4.5 km easy run
Thursday: I tried to go out for a run/workout but lacked motivation and ended up wasting my lunch hour.
Sunday: 5 km tempo run
This week, I’m hoping to accomplish:
Monday: 1 hour endurance swim
Tuesday:2 or 3 x 1000 m runs at under 5 min each, resting 400 m in between
Wednesday:easy 5 km run
Thursday: 3 km Tempo Run
Sunday: Run for the Grapes 5 km Race
If I use confusing vocabulary, please consult my “Dictionary of Running Terms” for definitions.
Anyhow, I hope you have a great week ahead. Any interesting plans?