It’s MotivateMe Monday again, which means that the weekend is over. For this Monday’s post, I’m not only co-hosting #MotivateMe Monday but I’m also linking up in the Weekly Wrap hosted by Mississippi Piddlin and HoHo Runs and recapping my weekend.
Here is my weekend wrap-up
I started my Friday night on the right foot with a lovely dinner out with my two favorite men (my husband and my 2.5 year old son) and then followed it up with a little Niagara Wine in the evening at home. Guilty Men is a VQA red wine made by Malivoire, a Niagara Winery! It’s one of my favorite. You can read about my 5 favorite Niagara Red wines.
Saturday, I when for a shopping trip to Hamilton’s Textile District on Ottawa Street with one of my sisters and my niece. I was looking at recovering my kitchen chairs. A rare DIY job for me! It’s always an adventure to go there. I really wish I had inherited my sister Lyne’s (aka sister #3, or Line as it’s really spelled) talent and patience for sewing and DIY. I really haven’t. But, I got inspired non-the-less.
I started my Sunday with a very disappointing 5 km run. I can’t remember 5 km being so difficult before. My left leg was hurting, I didn’t feel motivated and lacked endurance. I’m looking forward to my Physio appointment on Wednesday and I’m also booking myself a massage for Thursday morning.
After my run, my husband and I took our son public skating. I was living in the moment and forgot to take snap shots. That exhausted him, so I took advantage of his long nap in the afternoon and started recovering my chairs. I only got as far as the first chair since I had to run to the hardware store to get more supplies. I now have 3 more chairs to go! I hope I don’t lose my streak of inspiration!
#MotivateMe Monday Training Plan
After my disappointing run on Sunday, I really need some motivation this week. I invite you to join Janice and Rachel and myself for our link-up if you want to share your fitness or nutrition plans and stay motivated too!Link up with @fitcheerldr & @RunningRachel & @runmommyrunca #MotivateMe Monday if… Click To Tweet
Here is what I did last week:
Monday: PT exercises and foam rolling
Tuesday: PT exercises and foam rolling
Wednesday: a fun circuit training session at lunch with Amy from the Winter Chill Challenge then in the evening I did 1000 meter swim. I timed my 500 m and I’m at 16:32. I need to drop 4 minutes by August but the swim was great.
Thursday: PT exercises and foam rolling
Friday & Saturday: rest
Sunday: disapointing 5 km run with more PT exercises and foam rolling
This week, I’m hoping to accomplish:
Monday: Yoga (from Booya Fitness)
Tuesday: 30 min strength training for swimmers
Wednesday: Physio Therapy & 1000 m swim
Thursday: 5 km run and a massage
Saturday & Sunday: It’s Easter with my Twin Sister, so who knows what we’ll be up to!
Join the conversation:
- What’s your weekly plan?
- Did you have a nice weekend?
- Have you tried any Niagara Wines? Do you have a favorite?
- Are you a natural DIYer? Or do your DIY end up looking like the Pinterest Fails?
PLEASE JOIN THE #MOTIVATEME LINK UP!
THE RULES ARE VERY SIMPLE:
- Every Monday share your fitness, nutrition plan etc by linking them up. All you will need is your post’s URL, and a photo you would like to attach.
- Posts that aren’t related will be deleted.
- In your post, we would love it if you mentioned that you’re participating in #MotivateMe Monday link up, and link back to the hosts Fitness Cheerleader , Running Rachel and Run Mommy Run.
- Read what the other linkers are sharing, Visit at least 2 other bloggers’ posts and share some support by commenting and engaging with each other. The more you support, the more support you will get back.