Although I don’t do it every week, meal planning helps my family stay on track with healthy eating. Last week, we didn’t meal plan and we ate out three times, including one fast food outing. That’s not our normal, but for me, it’s a reminder to get back to meal planning and help us get on track.
I bought the March/April issue of Canadian Running Magazine. Something caught my attention on the cover; the title Running Fuel is one of my favorite blogging topics. Inside are some interesting healthy recipes that my husband and I thought we’d try this week. So, I’ve created my meal plan around these new recipes.
I’ve never tried any of these recipes and some of them contain some ingredients I don’t care much for, like lentils and kale, but I will keep an open mind and since I am in training. After all, overnight oats, a Pinterest find, were new to us a few months ago but have quickly became a family favorite.
Weekly Meal Plan No. 3
|Monday||Overnight oats||Tuna pasta salad with black beans||Chicken, roasted potatoes and vegetables|
|Tuesday||Oatmeal apple cakes* with fruit and yogurt||Tuna pasta salad with black beans||Egg tacos with avocado salsa*|
|Wednesday||Scrambled eggs & whole grain toast||Rainbow lentil lunch salad*||Kale & sweet potatoes salad*|
|Thursday||Overnight oats||Rainbow lentil lunch salad*||haddock with sweet potatoes fries|
|Friday||Oatmeal apple cakes* with fruit and yogurt||Leftovers||Pork tacos with pickled onions and cilantro cream|
* recipes from Canadian Running Magazine March/April Edition
#MotivateMe Monday Training PlanLink up with @fitcheerldr & @RunningRachel & @runmommyrunca #MotivateMe Monday if you… Click To Tweet
Here is what I did last week:
Monday: 30 min Trek Fit Workout
Tuesday: 5 km run at lunch
Thursday: 6 km run at lunch
Saturday: 10 km run
Sunday: 15 km bike ride
This week, I increasing my mileage because I’m training for my first 1/2 marathon in June:
Monday: speed workout at lunch
Tuesday: 5 km easy run at lunch
Wednesday: 1000 meter swim
Thursday: 6 km moderate run at lunch
Saturday: 15 km run
Sunday: 20 km bike ride
Join the conversation:
- Do you plan your meals ahead of time?
- Who does the meal planning in your household?
- Do you like trying new recipes?
PLEASE JOIN THE #MOTIVATEME LINK UP!
THE RULES ARE VERY SIMPLE:
- Every Monday share your fitness, nutrition plan etc by linking them up. All you will need is your post’s URL, and a photo you would like to attach.
- Posts that aren’t related will be deleted.
- In your post, we would love it if you mentioned that you’re participating in #MotivateMe Monday link up, and link back to the hosts Fitness Cheerleader , Running Rachel and Run Mommy Run.
- Read what the other linkers are sharing, Visit at least 2 other bloggers’ posts and share some support by commenting and engaging with each other. The more you support, the more support you will get back.